Rebecca Shuman is wronger than wrong. She says the question is “What percentage of the courses here are taught by tenure-line faculty members?” That’s an unfair stab at contingent faculty who often are the classroom equals of tenure-line faculty members.
Lots of questions are more important than Shuman’s. Among them:
• In the Financial Aid Office, Do you know who I am?
• In the Res Life Office, May I have a single? Followed by, Do you know who I am?
• How high is the climbing wall?
• There’s a climbing wall, right?
• Cable in the dorms?
• Will the basketball team make the Final Four?
• What percentage of the entering students are male?
• There are some male students right?
• How important is class attendance? In the mornings? On Fridays?
• May I see the design of the “Intramural Champs” t-shirt?
• Can you guarantee my privacy if someday I drink a beer, smoke a joint, or get a “B” in a class?