Students act out. The question is why?
- It’s personal. They don’t like you. Never have, never will.
- It’s karmic payback for the way you treated your teachers.
- It’s a religious conspiracy. God placed them in your classroom to make your life as miserable as possible.
- It’s in their nature, they can’t help it, their brains aren’t fully developed.
- They are compensating for too little attention elsewhere.
- They’re so hungry, they’re distracted.
- They’re distracted and upset about other outside-of-school life challenges.
- They don’t understand what you’re asking them to do.
- They understand what you’re asking, but don’t have the necessary background skills and/or knowledge to successfully complete it.
Most of the time, it’s the last two. How frustrating would it be if you felt yourself falling behind your peers?