I follow national and international news closely, but I’ve run smack dab into a Presidential politics news wall. The coverage is way too extensive and speculative.
Constantly changing state and national polls, accusations back and forth, bizarre public appearances, both sides pandering for votes while our serious challenges intensify, soundbites left and right, an army of analysts dissecting every detail, even the debates lack substance.
I’m more cognizant than before of the opportunity cost of following the thirteen month long circus—hours of time down the drain. Life is short, I’m going to tune it out to the best of my abilities and focus instead on my “To Do” list:
1. Decide whether or not to refer to Ron Artest as Metta World Peace.
2. Clean the gutters.
3. Determine whether the Beibs fathered a baby or not.
4. Get the lawnmower serviced.
5. Clean the sink pipes in the Ron (master) bathroom.
6. Teach Marley to ride on the back of the new scoot.
7. Devise a plan to get on this list.
8. Run, swim, and cycle long distances.
9. Distract the offspring, then give away the bulk of their childhood possessions.
10. Take a nap.