“Last month during a dual meet, Marchand dove in for the first 500-yard freestyle of his career and finished in 4:07.81—then the fifth fastest time in NCAA history.”
Holding 49.5s/100 yards. The Wall Street Journal refers to Frenchman Léon Marchand as “the next Michael Phelps”.
• You’re interested in adolescent mental health and like long-form, non-fiction journalism. The Silicon Valley Suicides.
• You wonder what it would be like to be a young Syrian woman who escapes from The Islamic State. ISIS Women and Enforcers in Syria Recount Collaboration, Anguish, and Escape.
• You dig athletic excellence and redemption stories. After rehabilitation, the best of Michael Phelps may lie ahead. Mid-story, I wondered, has there ever been a more physically dominant athlete in any sport?
• This Thanksgiving you want to be more intentional about giving thanks. Choose to Be Grateful. It Will Make You Happier.
• You’re thankful Adele is back. “Nannies talk very slow and very calm to try to make the world make sense.” Who knew?
• You’re grateful Adele is coming to Thanksgiving dinner.