1. Starbucks is constantly innovating.
2. Excellent pictures of the Tour de France in case you missed it. Even if you followed it, check out the second image.
3. The New York Times is struggling mightily to reinvent itself.
“As one editor put it, ‘The mood at the paper is poisonous in a way I’ve never seen it in the past 15 years.'”
4. The Good Wife, while starring at Peralta Junior High School in Orange, CA, once scored a basket in the opposing team’s hoop. Here’s hoping this makes her feel better.
5. Are helicopter parents ruining summer camp? Sadly, dear readers, this is a rhetorical question. Best not to read if you already have high blood pressure.
6. Raising a truly bilingual child.
For this week and next Fifteen is ensconced at a beautiful church camp not far from the Canadian border. No electronics, but we can send email messages. Here’s my second in a series of missives.
Hey, hey, hey. Thanks for the groovy note. When did you start writing so well and get so funny? Glad camp got off to a great start and hope it’s continuing to go well. Today’s game is called, Abbreviation. I got your biggest and baddest bday present today, two tics to SYTYCD. See if you can unravel that one before you’re picked up. Other exciting news, a small package from Norge. Other exciting news, my song writing is progressing very nicely thank you. Here’s a little bit of today’s diddy.
I like that boom boom pow
Them chickens jackin’ my style
They try to copy my swagger
I’m on that next sh*t now
I’m so 3008
You so 2000 and late
I got that boom boom boom
That future boom boom boom
Let me get it now